HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

WHILE MOST OF US ARE AWARE, THE POINSETTIA PLANT, WHICH IS INDIGENOUS TO MEXICO AND SOUTH AMERICA CAN MAKE OUR FELINES SICK IF THEY CHEW AND INGEST THE LEAVES.

BUT DID YOU KNOW OTHER HOLIDAY PLANTS THAT ARE EVEN MORE TOXIC TO CATS? AND IF INGESTED CAN CAUSE POTENTIAL DEATH?

MISTLETOE – LUCKILY IT IS TYPICALLY HUNG IN DOORWAYS BUT BEFORE IT IS HUNG MAKE SURE TO KEEP IT OUT OF REACH OF YOUR DOG/CAT.

SIGNS YOUR PET MAY SHOW IF INGESTED:

DROOLING          ABDOMINAL PAIN

VOMITING          COLLAPSING

DIAHREA

SEIZURES

HOLLY BERRIES ARE A DECORATIVE CHRISTMAS FAVORITE, BUT IT IS ALSO TOXIC TO YOUR DOG/CAT.

SIGNS YOUR PET MAY SHOW IF INGESTED:

DROOLING          DIARREHA

HEADSHAKING

VOMITING

IF YOU BELIEVE YOUR PET HAS INGESTED A POISON PLEASE CONTACT PRAIRIE ANIMAL HOSPITAL IMMEDIATELY AT 309.981.5112.  HOURS OF OPERATION: MONDAY-FRIDAY: 7:00AM – 6:OOPM SATURDAY 7:00AM – 5:00PM