We’re growing our team!
We’re looking for new veterinary professionals to join the Prairie Animal Hospital family! Scroll down to see our open positions and to apply for a role here today!
Do you enjoy having nerf gun battles? Are you an extremely motivated individual? Do you want to come to work every day and have fun?
Come work at Prairie Animal Hospital! We are looking for an Associate Veterinarian to start as soon as possible.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
You are smart and made it through vet school. This means you already know that we need to be an excellent team player, work hard, diagnose, and be a leader in your area. If you want to know what equipment we have, give us a call and take a tour!
Currently, our doctors enjoy 3 vet assistants per doctor, a 4 day work week, and the ability to gain new skills that interest us.
Come join our team and experience true job fulfillment and also SNACKS!
Please send your resume or Curriculum Vitae to:
Attention: Rachael Kuhn-Siegel, DVM
- High School Diploma or higher
- 2+ years in animal healthcare
- 2+ years in retail or restaurant industry
- Restrain pets for veterinarians and technicians
- Assist in the taking of x-rays
- Monitor and collect urine and fecal samples as needed
- Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized/boarded pets
- Assist Veterinarians before during and after surgery, preparing surgical equipment and assisting in clean up afterward
- Clean cages, runs, boarding area and/or hospital facilities, including exam rooms, treatment room, exotics and isolation area, employee lounge, bathrooms, and doctor’s office
- Counseling clients on animal healthcare including nutrition and home care
- Preform Nail trims
- Fill prescriptions and discharge patients
- Provide clean bedding, water, and litter pans for pets
- Feed hospitalized/boarded pets as needed
- Exercise hospitalized/boarded dogs as needed
- Take incoming pets to appropriate areas
- Bathe pets and prepare pets for dismissal
- Retrieve pets that are being discharged
- Do laundry
- Wash and sanitize pet dishes
- Perform other duties as assigned
This is a full-time position. Pay rate is commensurate upon experience: $12-$18 per hour
Thurs, Fri: 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM
Sat: Closed, except for the first Saturday of the month.
Boarding Pick-up Schedule
Sat: 8:00 am - 9:30 am + 5:00 pm- 6:30pm
Sun: 8:00 am - 9:30 am + 5:00 pm- 6:30pm